Thursday 9 April 2009

Easter Box

I made 13 of these boxes as Easter gifts for the children in my family in different colours and patterns to suit the children favourite colours, They were meant to save me money as I always think Easter Eggs are over priced for what you get but by time I had bought the goodies to fill them with I had probably spent more than the eggs would have cost lol, but I don't mind because I got to play with my stamps to make them and managed to use up some of my stash of cheap white card that I dont use now I have whisper white.

To make them I cut a sheet of A4 paper to 21cmsquare and scored it at 7 and 14 cms, cut 2 of the score's on each side to the other score lines.
Cut the left over strip to 2" to make the handle coloured the 2" piece of card using my brayer and ink and also coloured the inside of the 21cm square.
I then used the same colour ink on a wheel and coloured the outside and the thin piece for the handle.
I used my scallop edge punch for the edge of the box and the brayered handle.
folded the box made a hole for the brad to hold the box and handle together.
finaly I stamped a rabbit from forest friends on white card, cut this using my 1 1/4" circle punch, cut a gold circle with my 1 3/8" circle punch and cut a scallop circle from white card brayered in the same colour ink.

Then of I went to the shops to see which sweets I should fill them with I spent a small fortune on sweets.

2 comments:

  1. lol i just made some of these and they are identical to yours!! great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award fro you on my blog come pick it up!!

    ReplyDelete